At each of the Xiamen International Stone Fairs, the use of stone materials continues to evolve, and a variety of innovative designs gradually enter our vision, radiating a unique "stone" charm.
As the main material of interior decoration, marble is full of classical and historical texture and luxurious and elegant temperament. From the new Chinese style to the western style, from classical to ultra-modern, the adaptability of the variety makes it “bloom everywhere”.
Marble is formed from sedimentary rocks and metamorphic rocks of sedimentary rocks. The main component is calcium carbonate, which has a content of about 50% to 75% and is weakly alkaline. Some marbles contain a certain amount of silica, and some do not contain silica. Fine particles (referring to calcium carbonate), the distribution of surface stripes is generally more irregular, lower hardness. Marble, named for this stone produced in Dali, Yunnan, China.
1. Marble has good decorative properties, does not contain radiation and bright colors, rich colors, is widely used in interior walls, floors;
2. The marble is physically stable, the organization is dense, the impacted crystals fall off, the surface does not have burrs, does not affect the plane accuracy, the material is stable, can guarantee long-term no deformation, small linear expansion coefficient, high mechanical precision, anti-rust, anti-magnetic, insulation;
3. Marble has excellent processing properties: sawing, cutting, grinding, drilling, carving, etc.
4. Marble resources are widely distributed for large scale mining and industrial processing;
5. However, the marble is easily weathered and has poor wear resistance. Under long-term exposure to outdoor conditions, it gradually loses its luster, discolors, and even cracks. It is generally believed that the durability of marble wallboard applied to outdoor normal thickness (20~30mm) is only 10~20 years;
6. Marble is generally used for interior walls in buildings. When used outdoors, special protection against water and corrosion is required. When used indoors, it must be polished and maintained to protect the finish.